March 12, 2014
I am an East coast girl through and through, however, I have come to enjoy living in Arizona and here is a list of my top ten reasons why:
1. We live 10 minutes from our oldest twin daughter and her husband.
2. They have given us our first grandson and he is a true joy.
3. Granddaughter #2 is on her way.
4. We can now easily drive to see our next 3 oldest daughters rather than fly.
5. Our youngest has made so many wonderful new friends here.
6. We were able to attend the groundbreaking of the Gilbert Temple and now have the blessings of being able to attend this Temple.
7. Stephen has been able to buy a dental practice here.
8. I can do my morning run or bicycling outdoors in the sunshine from March through October.
9. I have recently been able to almost complete an 18 month program and become a docent at the Phoenix Art Musuem.
10. I can truly say that I have come to enjoy living in the West and experiencing a totally different lifestyle which has taught me new and interesting things.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Friday, August 30, 2013
It was super foggy and rainy so this photo does no justice to the amazing Cliffs. To get an idea of their majesty there is a 200 vertical drop from the top down to the water. It was truly worth the 3 1/2 hour trip there to see. The countryside was everything we imagined.
We loved being with so much family. We were in pageant with my 3 sisters and their families.
We had lots of opportunities for fun service.......setting up 6000 chairs and washing them! Lots of hands make work go fast : )
We got our parts on the first night and started staging the next day. It is so cool how it all came together in 7 days. We started performances one week after we arrived.
We had a P-day and we got to do some boating and that evening was a cast talent show. Cindy was Primary President and Suzy one of her counselors. The primary performed a really cute song and dance number.
One of the highlights of the week is always the annual Olympics. All the grandkids are divided in 2 teams. They compete in a team cheer and dance to music. There are many single events and the final crazy relay. all to be judged and scored!