Sunday, February 13, 2011

Trip to New York


I spent all last week in New York sith my Mom. She just had her second hip replacement surgery and needed alittle help in the recovery part of things. It was snowing when I landed and I felt like it was Christmastime. I loved it. It was only about 10 degrees everyday. I was there from Feb. 5-11. We had a very relaxing time and visited a lot. I worked on her photo albums and one of mine. On Super bowl Sunday the Jensens and Clarks came over for a get together and we had a nice evening. in the evenings we watched movies. I gor Mom to watch a "Can't get enough of Rocky" run. We watched Rocky I through IV. I love Rocky I the other are pretty much downhill from there but I couldn't seem to get enough. Then back in Arizona I even caught Rocky V to finish the run ?! At the end of the week we got to take Mom out one time to see Samantha in her school musical "Hairspray" I really loved it. It is a great musical with excellent music and a ton of dancing. I just have to say, "I love New York"!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad you have started a blog! It will be great to catch up. Very cool picture by the way. :)

Kim Christensen said...

Thanks Julie. You were such an inspiration to me. I love your blogs. One of my daughters and I say your pillow at Christmastime and went that very day to Target to make those pillows. They also had a darling reindeer that we made
as well as the snowflake. I also want to try your salad ideas.