Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hard to get there on time

This morning I had every intention of making it to my hair appointment on time. I had everything going as planned and was well into my exercise DVD when my cellphone went off in the other room. It was immediately followed by the home line which means one thing...it is one of the girls wondering why i won't pick up. So between lunges I run and grab the cell phone and put Amy on speaker as I go into squats. She has some questions that she wants addressed right away. I tell her to run it past her Dad. Okay still in squats the texting from Amber starts in. She says come over to the school and sign a paper for my classes next year. i tell her to just sign it. Four texts later she is still unwilling to forge my signature. I finish my crunches and yoga section completely distracted and messing everything up.
Then I rush to the shower and run to the car when my sister texts me about availability for an upcoming mother/daughter trip. At this point my head is spinning and all of my good intentions have come to naught as I pull into my appointment 10 minutes late. My stylist tells me it is O.K. which we all know is code for don't do this again if you want me to do your hair. : (
P.S. My hair does look better, she is good at what she does.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Kim, I am late to EVERYTHING! Have been since I was a teen...probably will be until the day I die. I've decided it's just how I roll! :) BTW--you should be proud of Amber not wanting to forge your signature...I asked Erin about her paperwork and she forged mine a week ago & turned it in no problem...I don't know quite how to feel about that one...oh my!

Shelby Clark said...

Haha! Kim! You are too funny! I know that feeling, though. I really hate being late and hate those days when a million things get in the way.